[linrad] Getting started

Hi

trying to get linrad to run, albeit with difficulty

OS Mandrake 9.1, kernel 2.4.21.-25mdk WM =gnome
processor amd 1.2 GHz duron 500MB ram

installed svgalib-1.4.3mdk and svgalib-devel-1.4.3,
both of the libs are no longer distributed  since MDK 8.1.

compiled linrad eventually and started from the command line
X gets killed
message
/proc/cpuinfo says linuxcore is not compatable
svgalib reports mouse is type 5
I select 800x 600 and font 1

screen goes totally blank, and monitor is turned off
ctrl + alt +f1  shows active console.

alt+f7 to return to X just a small block saying 80x40 on the xterm
and a message linrad start on tty8
ctrl + alt f8 agin blank and no drive to the monitor
alt + f12 ( my syslog is echoed here) to see wghat s happened

not good cant change between consoles, keyboard locked out.
so hit the reset button on the PC, this I dont like doing

Nothing was recorded in syslog

I would prefer to run a native linux prog for this.
sitting windows app on either win4lin or vmware really screws up any dsp
function

73 mvh
Richard G8JVM
--