[linrad] polarization

Hello, All!

I played with different lengths of cable with dual polarity receive, and it seemed to
me that by moving the green bar in the polarization display window I could compensate
for differences in cable length to 'correct' the display.

In any event, as I said in my earlier email, and as I believe Leif said also, the
cable length differences do not affect audible reception.  They merely affect the
readout of the phase, or at least that is how it has seemed here.  Below is the URL
for a part of an old Linrad FAQ note I wrote a couple of years ago on this subject,
along with a link to some screen shots obtained as I played with the phasing control.

http://www.qsl.net/w3sz/FAQ.htm#12

Have a great day, all!

73,
Roger Rehr