Re: [linrad] Using Linrad as a Diversity Receiver?

Hello Roger,

Diversity systems have their place, from HF thru microwaves.

frequency diversity using  multiple frequencies
space diversity as in a tropospheric scatter system using at least 2
separate "scattering" volumes
polarization diversity as in using a separate V and H polarization

A fourth diversity is time diversity were 2 identical signals are time
delayed by a constant amount and transmitted.
These were available to the ham market maybe 30 years ago. application
was HF to counter the QSB and
frequency selective fading.

In one quad diversity tropo scatter system I played with, we used  2
common (scatter) volumes and 2 different linear polarizations.
2 big 30' dishes fed  4 identical front ends, IF's and demodulators. The
strongest signal was selected post detection and fed to the
data decoders. Later, pre detection combiners were used to eliminate 3
detectors, about 3 racks of equipment.

For space diversity a decent physical separation between antennas is
needed, like multiple wavelengths.

I am planning a 23 cm eme system with LINRAD, using 2 polarizations on
RX, RHCP and LHCP and 1 polarization on TX.
OK1DFC feed, 8' (2.4M) solid dish, and az/el drive are on hand and
pondering installation details.

Stan, WA1ECF       FN41sr      Cape Cod