Re: [linrad] Laptop

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 17:50, Joe Fitzgerald wrote:
> Beware the marketing hype ... if I understand this article correctly, the
> best you can get from Extigy is 16 bits.  just like Delta44
>
> http://www6.tomshardware.com/video/20020405/

For some reason Tom's site was not loading ... or at least was taking
"forever".

I have been told elsewhere that some sections of the Extigy are capable
of 24bit/96KHz, but others only 16bit/48KHz, thus the bottleneck defines
the true capacity ... the marketing hype seems to border on false
advertising.

I have decided to go with the Creative MP3+ USB instead, 16bit/44.1KHz
which is sufficient to most of my needs, and lots cheaper too!

73, doc kd4e