RE: [linrad] Laptop

Lief,

As Bob says, most do not have line input, and for those who have, I have
noticed that many have noise problems. In a NEC laptop I tested, the noise
(birdies) in one channel was so high that it could be heard when the
volume was increased.

A good way to test soundcard compatibility is to take a knoppix Linux CD
with you to the store. Better yet, insert a spectrum analyser (baudline is
a good choice) in the knoppix disk so that you can check for the noise
levels.

73,

-- Edson, 7n4ncl