Re: [linrad] noise blanking comparisons

Greetings all. I am interested in weak signal HF CW and have been
drawn to investigate Linrad because of Lief's reputation and my
desire to try to be just behind the bleeding edge. I haven't got
Linrad running yet so I was especially interested in the WAVE files
W3SZ provided. I listened to them carefully.

I would like to hear any preliminary conclusions about the
performance of the K2, Linrad and SDR -1000 on both CW and SSB

With regard to noise reduction am I right in my understanding that
the noise cancellation/blanking in Linrad and SDR-1000 is focused on
impulse noise and not on reduction of background noise associated
with lowband HF propagation ?

Has anyone in this community investigated de-noising functions
provided by Wavelet techniques ?

--
73
Ron