Re: [linrad] Mixer design - comments please

I have a 50.000MHz oscillator Oven Oscillator 8dBm/3 with three
outputs.  Runs on 12v.Raltron  OX6000A-L1-10-50.000  Has sma
connectors, is 2.5x3.5x1"

Bought it inexpensively ($35.) for a project that is unlikely to see the
light of day.  Would that help?

When you said "expensive" I remembered that I had this ... it may not be
worth shipping overseas though.

doc

> Well, I'm nearly finalised on the mixer design, and I think I'm going to reuse
> most of someone else's board for the DDS. I've also ordered one of those
> hugely expensive oscillators... I just have to wait 3 months for that so for
> now it's:
>
> a) 50MHz Xtal osc and use the internal PLL to get the 200MHz ref
> or b) 50MHz Xtal osc and some conventional transistor doublers.
>
> Cheers
>
> Alex

LINRADDARNIL
-