Re: [linrad] Buying the Linux PC for Linrad use.

-48V power supplies are available, we used them all of the time at phone
company colocations facilities at my old job.  I think they were made by
sunpower, a different brand seems to have a lot more problems so we had
to swap all of those out.

Not sure how you will get the 48 volts...  We had a large rectifier (2U,
weighed about 30-40 pounds) for testing machines when they came into the
office with problems.  But that may also be a RF noisy device.

						Later, JOSH

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, B. Aurand wrote:

> At 01:19 PM 7/4/03 -0400, you wrote:
>

> >Also, anyone seen a 12VDC vs 120VAC input power supply for a desktop ATX
> >case?  I'd like to really isolate it from the utility feed by running it
> >on a battery.
> >
> >Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
>

> Try here:
>
> www.pcpowercooling.com
>
> I spoke with them last year about a +12 vdc input power supply for my new
> computer but ended up buying the standard line operated model.   They have
> recently revamped their web site and I don't see the 12 v option listed,
> but they may still offer.   Worth a look.   As I recall, $100.++ price range.
>
> 73,
> Bob
> K3VOT

LINRADDARNIL