[linrad] Buying the Linux PC for Linrad use.

HI Dave,

Can you go to the PCUSA web site and suggest a suitable Intel machine?
I have done the needed screening and bypassing on a 486DX2 66 Mhz, PC,
but it was not an easy task. Before screening it sprayed a broad band hiss
all over the band. I fear the needed Intel machine may be above my budget.
I do not need the rugged aspect of your testing, but if the Intel machine
is so quiet, I would be inclined to replace the main PC with an Intel when
the time comes. So far, I am marginally getting by with my Compaq 475 Mhz
Pentium as a Win98SE PC, but I see that it will need replacement in the next
few years. Already the PC clock can not keep time when the PC is on.

73, Jim Shaffer, WB9UWA.