Re: [linrad] audio channels

Hi Arie,

For good performance, the soundcard should have very little distortion,
good balance between channels, very low crosstalk, very good dynamic
range, and also very low noise. It is not easy to find soundcards that
meets the criteria above. I have tested some not so cheap soundcards that
have lots of internaly generated birdies, some have higher noise levels in
on channel than the other, some have interference only when there is high
CPU usage, some don't have anti-aliasing filters, etc. The cost of a
soundcard also does not directly reflects que quality, but the number of
"features", which in most cases are not used.

-- Edson, 7n4ncl