Re: [linrad] NASM

What is your Linux distribution, Suse, Mandrake, RedHat or Debian?
If you like to download the binary not the source then you might try here:
ftp://ftp.de.kernel.org/pub/software/devel/nasm/binaries/linux/i386-libc6/
(I assume you are on i386 PC)

Or if you would like to get the source then here:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/software/devel/nasm/source/

I think most of Linux distribution include NASM...

Good luck,

Kohjin - JR1EDE

At 08:13 03/02/05 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi all
>I need some help.
>I'm in the process of preparing for LINRAD.
>LINUX runs fine. I just installed SVGALIB. Now I want to do NASM, but I
stuck with it. Installation from floppy ok. The problem is " ./configure".
Here it stucks. I get the following message:
>checking for prefix by checking for nasm ... no
>checking for gcc ... gcc
>checking whether the C compiler ( gcc ) works ... no
>configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables
>I'm a newcomer to LINUX. All problems during installation of LINUX with 2
different harddrives and all others I could solve by myself. But now...
Perhaps somebody is abel to tell me, what the computer needs to continue??