Re: [linrad] More stuff.....about runlevels etc.

Whenever you change runlevels, init looks in the rcX.d directory (where X
is the runlevel you're changing TO) to see what services to start/kill.
If you only added underscores to the links that started with K, those
won't be killed.  Your computer will still function OK, but you haven't
stopped those unnecessary processes. ;-(  In your case init looks in
/etc/rc3.d/ and kills K01some_service, K10other_service, K54third_service
etc. and then starts S01usb, S20random etc. up to S99local.

I don't understand your comment about svaglib_helper, if it runs OK in a
script, it should run from the command prompt.  Maybe if you rephrase it
I'll catch on to what you're trying to do.

If what you're doing works, it works.  The way I would do it isn't
necessarily better, I just like to automate things a bit.

73  Matt  KB0VUK