RE: [linrad] FFT performance

Hi, Edson!

How about posting a listing of ALL of your parameters to the list?

What is your sampling rate?  Did you check out Leif's page on hardware
performance?

Its at

http://ham.te.hik.se/homepage/sm5bsz/linuxdsp/fft1time/fft1time.htm

This is what Leif got with a 650 MHz Pentium III:

SM 5 BSZ - First FFT timing for a large system using Pentium III
(Coppermine) at 650MHz
(Dec 30 2000)
--------
 Sampling rate = 96kHz.
No of A/D channels = 4.
No of RF channels = 2.
Useful bandwidth 2 x 90 kHz.

  SIZE = 32768  16 bit no window, bandwidth 1.46Hz
Vers   Name                    Time
 0     Radix 2 DIF C           37.15%
 1     Radix 2 DIF ASM         34.95%
 2     Twin Radix 2 ASM        41.75%
 3     Radix 4 DIT C           33.92%
 4     Twin radix 4 DIT C      33.10%
 5     Twin radix 4 DIT SIMD   26.10%

   Typical operation
  SIZE = 8192  32 bit sin squared window, bandwidth 23Hz
Vers   Name                    Time
 0     Radix 2 DIF C           24.01%
 1     Radix 2 DIF ASM         22.06%
 2     Twin Radix 2 ASM        20.17%
 3     Radix 4 DIT C           22.87%
 4     Twin radix 4 DIT C      19.70%
 5     Twin radix 4 DIT SIMD   14.70%

If we can all see all of  your parameters, maybe we can help.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ   FN20ah
2 Merrymount Road