Re: Linrad S file posted (Was: RE: [linrad] Linrad Questions)

Hi Roger,

My response was a bit late on your S files but I'm enjoying with them.
It is nice to know what others are doing with Linrad without any hardware:-)

My first glance was a surprise especially on 40m CW and VLF.
In comparison to my KK7B's R2, I firstly observed it's quieter than mine.
'Time Machine' has a front end bandpass filter and your PTS is doing
better than my setup of course.
My setup consists of no filter in front of mixers, noisy HP8640B
as an LO and not modified diplexers.

I assume you use PTS-040, phase noise -135dBc/Hz @1KHz is supreme!
I leave URL for other's reference;
http://www.programmedtest.com/

By the way, you have provided phone band and I could realize they are
SSB. Current Linrad doesn't support SSB yet, does it?

Thank you very much for your effort of spending your time for us!

Kohjin - JR1EDE