[linrad] linrad, spectran,dspfil

Dr ALL,

I am a microwave ham. This implies digging out sigs from the white noise. No
noiseblanker problems, generally no dynamic range problems.

I am still looking for a dsp programme which makes deciphering of morse
signals buried in the noise better than the SP in my head does it.

In fact I have not been too succesful.

The windows programmes spectran ( i2PHD) and dspfil(JE3HHT) do a fair job
but not better than my ears and the adaptive filter in my brain..
And than there is Linrad. I must confess that I have not yet succeeded in
getting Linrad working better than the dos programmes. It anyhow is rather
cumbersome to set up.

Has any of you used those windows programmes? How then is your experience?

regards

Arie Dogterom, PA0EZ