[linrad] Good combo on the Abit IC-7: Knoppix 4.0.2 and svgalib 1.9.23 ; Re: [linrad] svgalib 1.9.23

Many thanks Sir Roger!

As soon as I added the  NoHelper  line to libvga.config (just before
the mouse listings) 'Linrad' started without complaints. I have a fresh
install, so the libvga.config template was probably provided by 1.9.23
and there was no mention about the NoHelper option in the file. Though
I have a USB-mouse I had to preset the mouse as PS2 in libvga.config ...

I have a Ti4200 card and it was automatically detected. For MB-sound the
'00' was selected with O for (O/W). When choosing 1 channel the setad.c
routine reported a - should not happen - error. But with 2 channel I/Q
sound started normally, and Linrad sound output appeared with the usual
processing delay. Again the console window seemed to generate dozens of
prompts during Linrad-operation, but that was only evident after stopping
Linrad. Restarting Linrad works without reboot. The VGA-card resolution
selection is abundant but somewhat off-standard, with 800x600 as one
regular looking resolution option. I remember, Roger, that your Live_CD
had plenty of 1024x768 and 1280x1024 sort of options with most installs.
Maybe you are able to crank out a Knoppix 4.0.2 / svgalib 1.9.23 Live_CD
one of these days. The 2.6.12 kernel appears pretty capable.

                 Thanks again and good luck!   73, "Zaba" OH1ZAA/2