[linrad] If I can get LINRAD running, everyone can ;-)

your Knoppix CD made my day :-)

I have a little bit more than zero experience with LINUX but as I want to
return to 2m EME with an X-Pol array soon I decided to give LINRAD a try ...

First I installed SUSE 9.3 on one of my machines and followed the steps
outlines on Leif's pages. However when I compile and link LINRAD in the end
I get some errors ... (will find out later I hope).

So I copied the Knoppix Installation CD and voila, 30min later I could hear
the first signals (fed from the NF of my shortwave TRX) from my soundcard.

I still have to find out how to start LINRAD from the harddrive and how to
write the user settings to the drive but time will tell (or someone from you
;-)?)

The WSE boxes are already piled up beside me ... As I do want more to
operate LINRAD than really understand every bit and piece I hope the
learning curve will be steep up.

Not sure if there are other guys who never gave LINRAD a try on this list
but if yes, make sure you try Roger's Knoppix compilation.

Carsten, DL6LAU