Von: leif@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:leif@xxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Montag, 12. September 2005 19:23
An: Carsten Esch
Betreff: RE: de DL6LAU

Hi Carsten,

> To that time the 2SA13X were not available - are they
> meanwhile? If not, what is the problem?
The 2SA13X does not have the highest priority;-)

There are practical problems to solve in manufacture, currently
different methods of making the boom tube are investigated.
The tube will probably be slightly bent to compensate for
earth gravity.

I have no idea when the design might go into production, but before
that I hope to have prototypes installrd here:-)

> I will go ahead with the WSE boxes as I am more an operator than a builder
> and also with a 'complete family' time is also a factor nowadays ...
OK. I have made 25 systems and maybe there is still one or two in stock.

> Will also take your advice and install 45deg polarisation
> switching.
With the WSE units you need nothing like that on the rx side. Having
45 degrees on the tx side is a fine thing, but I never went that
far myself. (Something that I lost several rare qsos because of)
With only V/H switching on tx and WSE/Linrad one knows when there is
a 3 dB loss on tx..........

  73

  Leif

LINRADDARNIL