[linrad] Sound under Windows.

The next version of Linrad, Linrad-02.00 will work unde
MS Windows as well as under Linux. At the current state
the precurser of Linrad 02-00 works equally well under
Linux, Win98, Win2000 and Win XP as long as the input
data is fetched from the hard disk and the operator does
not select loudspesaker output. What remains is to
implement is sound I/O under Windows.

The Win API allows these choices:

CALLBACK_EVENT 	The dwCallback parameter is an event handle.
CALLBACK_FUNCTION 	The dwCallback parameter is a callback procedure address.
CALLBACK_THREAD 	The dwCallback parameter is a thread identifier.
CALLBACK_WINDOW 	The dwCallback parameter is a window handle.

I am not a programmer so I do not understand what the consequences
might be of choosing one of these alternatives rather than another.
I do not think I want CALLBACK_WINDOW because I want to keep the software
compatible to the old-fashioned programming style I use under Linux
with svgalib, but as far as I understand it would be equally easy to
use any of the other alternatives.

My problem now is to select one of the alternatives. Is there any
advantage of using a particular one? If so, why?

Linrad-02.00(precursor) is a 400 kbit file (lir02.00.tbz) that can be
installed on any Linux computer with svgalib, nasm and wingw32. It allows
the following commands(after configure is executed):

make linrad (same as make was in linrad-01.xx)
make linrad.exe (Make an exe file for Win98, Win2000 or WinXP)
make svgalib (Make svgalib helper install itself at boot time)
make sdr14 (Make the kernel driver for SDR-14 install itself at boot time)

The linrad.exe file executes under Win98, Win2000 and WinXP.