[linrad] Re: Resources

What we are looking for, I'm afraid, is a way to get at the desired information from "plain old C". No C#, no .Net, no Registry, just a plain vanilla system call. As far as I can tell, one does not exist in Windows.
			-- Joe, K1JT

Bill Tracey wrote:
Take a look @: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/perfmon/base/performance_data_collection.asp

This is for native code - you can either go thru the (older) registry interface, or the newer Pdh interface

For C#/.net stuff this little snip (borrowed from the PowerSDR source code) will do the job:

private static PerformanceCounter cpu_usage;
                public static float CpuUsage
                {
                        get
                        {
                                if (cpu_usage == null)
                                {
                                        cpu_usage = new PerformanceCounter(
"Processor", "% Processor Time", "_Total", true);
                                }
                                return cpu_usage.NextValue();
                        }
                }

PerformanceCounter is  the  package System.Diagnostics

Cheers,

Bill (kd5tfd)