[linrad] Re: Mingw

I am at work so don't have access to all the details, but to try to give a
couple of quick answers.

2) Most Linux distributions do not install/activate the FTP Deamon because it is
considered a security risk - you will need to check that FTPD (or one of the
better alternatives such as wu-ftpd or proftpd.) is installed, and activated.

3) To access your Linrad code from the Windows PC, you would need to install
SAMBA on the debian PC and "export" the directory where the Linrad code
resides, then the windows PC will see this as a shared windows drive and you
will be able to mount it as G: or whatever.... However SAMBA is not that easy
to setup for a first time user:-)

Regards

Steve F5VJS

Quoting leif@xxxxxxxxxx: