[linrad] Re: Linrad via Ethernet

I have set up a wiki for various purposes including Linrad - I would be interested to know if anyone can see it yet (have only just registered the domain on dynamic DNS)
There is nothing there yet except a blank TikiWiki
Address is http://www.wargr.com/linrad/tiki-index.php

Thanks
Richard

J.D. Bakker wrote:

My dream is a unit with one or perhaps two Analog Devices AD6644 (or better)
combined with a GC4016 that would produce 2*20 bit complex samples up to
perhaps 2 MHz and send the data stream as broadcast packages on a 100 MB
ethernet link.

The GC4016 is far superiour to AD6620, it contains four receivers that can be cascaded pairwise to produce the very steep filters needed to make the
PC processing efficient but yet without alias spurs.

...and it only comes in BGA, which makes it less attractive for 'hobby' purposes.

I've had a brief look over the respective datasheets; is there really anything you can do with the GC401x that cannot be done by an AD6620 + either another AD6620 in cascade or post-filtering on a PC ?

Regards,

JDB.