[linrad] Re: ERROR

> What is a SELIM error, how did I get it, what does it do, and if
> I want to  get rid of it, How do I do that?

The message SELLIM ERROR (selective limiter error) means you did not
read the instructions on how to use the noise blanker.

One of the magic things with the Linrad blankers is that they use
an adaptive filter to prevent strong signals from reaching the
blanker. This is done by use of a selective limiter (or rather a
selective AGC) that operates in the frequency domain.

Linrad does not know what you want to do, I have not coded it to
fit your task better than any other task so you have the responsibility
to tell the software what you want.

One of the thing Linrad needs to know is what it should consider to be
a strong signal that should be AGC regulated and routed outside the blanker.
This is the red and blue bars at the right hand side of the high resolution
graph (the one in which you see the error message) Use the F1 help on these bars
and on the other controls in this window. The amount of averaging you use
will affect the results. Note that the entire 2 kHz passband from a
conventional radio could easily be considered as a single strong narrowband
signal if you use oversampling (a sampling frequency much above half the
highest frequency within the passband)

73

Leif  /  SM5BSZ