[linrad] Re: Just a reminder for Debian Linraders

Just a quick apology regarding my general Linux post recounting my woes with my new system.  I hadn't realized that Ramiro had sent his note to me via the list, and so just hit reply, expecting the note to go to him.

BUT, this does give me the opportunity to again make a MAJOR point to anyone thinking of jumping in with the KNOPPIX disk and Linrad.

I have spent, with Debian, about 30 hours now with this newest system, and don't yet have it running like I want it to run, as my last, wayward post indicated

But, before I started this fun and games, I put the KNOPPIX CD into the CDROM drive, and bootetd up for the first time, and everything ran perfectly even that first time with no fuss, and has done so every time since.  In less than 5 minutes after first putting the CD into the computer,  I was playing with LInrad via the KNOPPIX CD.  So once again I have seen the absolute superiority of KNOPPIX, and just how easy it makes things.  Sound, Video, Internet, XWindows, SATA hard-drives, CDROM and DVD-Drives, and  Linrad all worked from the instant it powered up.

But I am still struggling with Debian on this new machine.  So if you have had a bad experience with Linux but want to play with Linrad, do not be afraid.  Download the KNOPPIX CD and have a blast.  And save a LOT of potentially wasted time by avoiding the other Linux distros.  If you are like me and need to torture yourself, give Debian and the other distros a try ;)

PS.  I put 4 separate KNOPPIX installations on the hard drive USING THE "IMITATE KNOPPIX CD MODE [2]", in about 15 minutes each, and they ALSO worked perfectly from the start, and continue to do so.  I did one install in the 'Standard Debian' mode, and it had problems with excessive security, but otherwise worked OK.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ