[linrad] Re: 'setgid' problem with linradknoppix-2005-05-05

> Does anyone know how I can get 'real' Debian installed on my 'Debian'
> partition when all I have are SATA drives?
>
> I will continue looking into the 'root' and 'passwd' issue.  I spent
> several hours on it last night before discovering/remembering the 'sudo
> su' workaround.
>
> Thanks, and 73,
>
> Roger
> W3SZ

Hello Roger.

I have been out of the mailing list for some time, first due to my old
email address problems, and now, I am busy because exams at the
University. :-(

I can not help you with the SATA drives cause I have not got any of
them. The only thing I suggest you is downloading the last version of
the installer. Sarge is going to be released on 6th of June, if
everything goes well. It is strange that the installer does not
recognice SATA drives, as they are well known drives for Linux.

try the RC-3 version:

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/i386/rc3/sarge-i386-netinst.iso

If if fails try the last daily built image at:

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/i386/current/debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso

Hope it helps

Ramiro.
EA1ABZ.