[linrad] Re: Linux Strikes Again

> Oh, I tried typing sudo knoppix-install  after entering su, and it said no
> such command or file.  Not a critical issue at this point.
>
> 73
> Mike, W5UC

I have never set up linrad, so don't know specifically the commands.

But I have worked on UNIX systems well before the days of Linux.  'su'
switches user on UNIX (by default to root, although you can switch to any
use if you know password for that user), whereas sudo is a program that
allows a non-root user to exercise *some* commands as root. What commands
are allowed, is set up by the root user.

As such, I can't see why you would want to use su, then sudo. If you have
switched to root, then there is no need to run sudo, since you have all
possible prividedges.

Perhaps linrad is configured to work some other way, but I would not have
thought so.