[linrad] Re: Linux Strikes Again

Well, Mike, this is no surprise to you, is it?

Nothing wrong with Linux; just the install program
is not fully thought out for starting off the HD...

About a week ago I prepared a small guide for a few
edits to get these minor things right, but then Roger
announced that he had a new version. And since I did
not have the new one, I did not want to confuse the
public, in case there were structural modifications
(http://www.sm5bsz.com/w3sz/linradknoppixchange.txt).

If I took the piece of paper with me (from the radio
QTH, 170 miles from here) then I can reconstruct the
few needed instructions. However, from memory it is
impossible to be precise. Anyway in the one config-
file you have to remove five instances of /UNIONFS
to get back to an operational 'Linrad' upon boot.

As soon as I get to the other local address, I can
start the search for my notes (150 ft from here).

                           73, "Zaba"  OH1ZAA-½