[linrad] Re: Knoppix CD

> For those that prefer using the GUI in Knoppix, here is how to configure
> the sound card:
>
> 1)  Ckick on the big K in the lower left corner of the desktop.
> 2)  Move the pointer up to "System" and click
> 3)  Go to the top of that menu and click "Admin"
> 4)  That will bring up another menu that contains 'alsaconf(alsaconf)
> 5)  Click on that.
>
> It will bring up a configuration menu. Just follow the
> instructions, but DO
> NOT click yes when it asks if you want to generate an encoded password
> version.  You won't live that long.
>
> Then start Kmix.
>
> This gets the sound running but does not solve the problem of routing the
> sound correctly in the sound card.  That's where I'm stumped. GL
There are several other mixer programs available. One of
them (at least) has a button for disconnecting the direct connection
between input and output. There was a posting on the Linrad reflector
what mixer program to use and what button to click on. I do not
remember any details or what mixer program to use, but I think it
was not quite obvious what to click upon. It is possible that
the correct program is Kmix - you might try to click on whatever
thing (dots etc) that may be present on the screen. Maybe you can find
the posting in the Linrad mailing list archive. It is probably old
enough to exist in HTML format.

Maybe someone else can help better.