[linrad] ISO distribution

Since late last week I have ignored Linrad. Again, quickly I grew tired of the battle. Here is the status. Using the first Knoppix Live CD, I can get Linrad running, but it doesn't do anything(at least not anything I can detect as far as reducing noise). I suspect this is because the sound is going into the sound card on Line-In, and bypassing the software and going right back out through the audio output port. I typed locate oss in the root and got a great long list of stuff that I didn't know what to do with. Then I found in this giant stack of stuff that I have printed, instructions that tell me to enter the following:

/lib/oss/ossmix omix.llinesw OFF
/lib/oss/ossmix omix.rlinesw OFF

After I enterd the first line I got a messasge saying "No such file or folder"

I don't have the foggiest idea what to do now. Sound card is a Soundblaster 16 ISA.

Finally, Roger mentioned something about a grub file. What is that? The only thing I know about a grub is that it is a large white worm that is good for fishing, and when the soil temperature gets warm enough in the Spring, it turns into a June Bug.

Help Please..
73
Mike, W5UC