[linrad] Milestone in 'Linrad': Live_CD by W3SZ! Re: [linrad]

Sir Roger (as far as I'm concerned you are Knighted from now on)!

This day has given one of the most exhilarating moments of my life!

After downloading Roger/W3SZ's new Linrad Live_CD based on Knoppix,
I booted my Abit IC7 board with ICH-5 sound, and one minute later I
was speechless, staring at a fully operating 48 kHz Linrad_01-33!!

It was also the first time ever that I saw an operational USB-mouse
[normally not listed in 'libvga.config'] under SVGALIB (1.9.21).

You took me by surprise, Roger. I thought Knoppix would go through
all the usual startup routines with the graphics, but no, there was
this sudden question: "Do you want to run Linrad, without...? Well,
I responded Y, and there it was: The Linrad screen, ready to start.

This is a Big Day for 'Linrad'. I can imagine myself strapping up a
front end or audio output of a rig to the audio jacks of the built-in
sound (ICH-5) on the back of the PC, and really start using 'Linrad'
in the station environment. Actually that is what I am going to do
soon, though I don't have quick solutions here at the secondary QTH!

Without further initial comments I'll keep on gasping for a while!

Thanks for the great effort, Roger! It's either a Nobel (to share
with Leif) or the Knighting if it can be arranged through G-land!

                                        73,  "Zaba"  OH1ZAA/2

P.S. There was only a slash (/) too much in your ISO-link, and it
     should be correct now, below (I will test it before posting).