[linrad] Sometimes you feel like a nut!

At last, after approximately 5 weeks I finally have a version of Linux running in a dual boot configuration with Win ME(Knoppix 3.7, HDD installation), and I can launch Linrad. My goal was to get Linrad running and learn to use it, then build a dedicated machine for Linrad. Great right? Well no, not exactly.

What do I do now? How do I turn the noise blanker on? How do I know if it is running? Will I be able to tell the difference in the sound output? Is it adjustable, and if so what do I do to adjust it? Apparently I am far too Windows and GUI oriented, or I don't understand what Linrad is supposed to do(or both). I am drowning in this stuff, and just about ready to throw in the towel. Only rarely do I get something that might look like the baseband scope, and then it doesn't tell me anything I understand.

Can someone please point me in the right direction, or at least tell me how to figure out where the right direction is?

Thanks & 73,
Mike, W5UC