[linrad] Re: Debian

It seems that you are trying the most difficult case :-) . You have old hardware and you can not boot from the CD.

It must be a solution. I have just read your email, and I am studying it.

Well, it seems that you have successfully booted using the SmartBootManager floppy, at least, the booting stage works fine.

The problem arises when trying to configure the network card. I see that here, with 2.6 kernel, 3c509 card is supported. I do not know if that driver is included on the install CD.

I am going to investigate it this evening, but while we find a solution, you can try:

- Try installing the system with the 2.6 kernel to see if there is any change.

write "linux26" at the installer prompt.

if it do not work

- Try "expert26" option to see if you can do more.

Just to check

Is your card an ISA card?

In woody there was an additional floppy of drivers but I do not know if sarge has got such a thing.

We will keep in touch.

Thanks.

Ramiro