[linrad] Re: Delta44

A few ideas from a beginner:

Possibly a bad delta-44 card. Does it work with other applications ?

My limited understanding is that the mods to the card only lower the noise floor
across the BW.

As a beginner, I will mod my Delta-44 later, after I am fully familiar with Linrad and hardware.

A ground loop is possible at DC or 50/60 Hz. Start off collocating the equipment
and ensuring a common ground and power sources.
Ground loop problems would probably show up at DC (0 Hz) and not at both the ends of the BW
Or spectra at 50/60 Hz and harmonics. Or even wideband noise.

When starting any experimental system, I make all connections when powered OFF.
Then I apply power to all, then start up the application.

Do other spectrum analyzer applications show the same problem ?

I suspect a setting inside the Linrad application software.

Stan, Wa1ECF   FN41sr   Cape Cod, MA

k7ezn@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all.
I am working on Linrad with a new hardware I/Q 4 channels. I have noticed that as soon as I connect the box external of the Delta44 without signal in input , appear on the screen some marks (spuries?). In particular 2 many forts nearly to the beginning and the end of the entire band. The Delta44 is originates without modifications advised from Leif. It is ground loop error? It is resolved isolating the connector of the card? . Before modifying the original card I would want to be sure. Thanks.

Ermanno / ik7ezn

---