[linrad] Re: Idea to get linrad running under X - networking suggestion

If you want to move audio data another way to do this is to
use this:
   http://jackit.sourceforge.net/

If you want to re-implement Linrad from the ground up (which
would be required by a move the X11) then look at this C++
tool kit
   http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/index.html

--- Dan Hammill <kb5my@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd suggest using JRTPLIB to send raw data from the server via RTP
> packets
> so that they can be used by any number of workstations on the
> network.
> That's what the real time transport protocol seems to be designed
> for.  You
> could even format the packets to contain data from more than one
> digitizer.
> Just think about it - a simultaneous sampling multi-band RX
<SNIP)>

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278@xxxxxxxxx
  Cell:   310-990-7550