Of Alberto di Bene
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2005 4:19 PM
To: Linrad mailinglist
Subject: [linrad] 16 or 24 bits ?

A question to you all users of Linrad. With the proper sound card
Linrad allows the user to choose between 16 or 24 bits of amplitude
resolution. My question is : have you noticed situations where having
24-bit resolution gave you some benefits ? I am asking as I am planning
to add 24-bit support to one of my programs, but don't want to waste
my time for a feature that then nobody will activate, being useless.
Theoretically you should gain some dBs of dynamic range, depending
on the quality of the sound card, but I would like to hear from practical
experiences "on the field" .. :-)

Thanks for any answers,

73  Alberto  I2PHD
P.S. Happy Easter to the Catholics among you.

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
<linrad-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>