[linrad] Idea to get linrad running under X

There has been a lot of talk about the new multi-threaded version of linrad
and then moving that from SVGA to X using a gui tool kit.

I'm curious if anyone has thought about making a X based program to
process the linrad network stream.
http://www.nitehawk.com/sm5bsz/linuxdsp/run/network.htm

The format of the data should be similar to the new scheme.  This also
keeps the ability to have a slave computer with the new setup.

It may also be able to change the current linrad to run headless to
support both the old backend and the new frontend on the same computer.

I'm not in a position to do any work towards this end, but I have had the
idea for a few months and thought it might be a good idea for the list to
think about.

73, KD7HGL