Re: [linrad] RE: svgalib works only in VESA mode

Richard

Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

Pierre Vanhoucke wrote:

Hello Bob,
This sounds very interesting.
Is there a specific tutorial you could recommend for learning Qt ?
73, Pierre /ON5GN

I missed the start of this, so please excuse if I have missed the point.

WxWidgets

http://www.wxwindows.org/

offers similar (better, poorer??) functionality to Qt, but is truely open source, on all platforms, including Windoze. Qt is not open-source on Windoze.

I played with WxWidgets a bit, but my C++ knowledge is minimal to say the least (not helped since I know C well). WxWidgets makes programs with the look and feel of Windoze on Windoze, the look and feel of Mac programs on Macs etc, but all from the same set of source code. You just link in the appropiate platform specific library.