[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [linrad] cpu load benchmarks
Can you list the results that you got with your computer:
forcing VESA in the svgalib config file?
That is what we are wanting to see.
Thanks in advance,
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:29:20 -0800 (PST), Jeffrey Pawlan
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 leif@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Avg CPU
>> 100 12%
>> 10 33%
>> 3 87%
>> 2 96%
>> 1 not possible.
> I did this experiment using the small computer on my webpage. The
> graphics card
> is a Sapphire Radeon ATI 7000 AGP 32MB.
> with 100 or more averages the cpu loading was around 12% as Leif found.
> But with averaging set to 1 (disabled) for both the spectrum and the
> and also the waterfall sized to 75% of the screen area, and the display
> resolution set to 1200x1024 I got a cpu loading of only 62%. That was
> 96000Hz sampling rate and one channel a/d selected. When I selected 4
> the cpu usage went up to 72%. This is still quite acceptable. My cpu
> speed is
> 3.0GHz which is only slightly higher than Leif's 2.66GHz.
> Bug found: If you select a screen resolution of 1200x1024 (mode 13) in
> the 'S'
> menu BEFORE you select the 'U' menu then I got lockup after selecting
> dsp00. If
> I selected 1024x768 (mode 12) then there was no problem setting up the
> a/d and
> d/a dsp choices. Then once 'W' is hit to save the settings, you can go
> back into
> 'S' and change the screen resolution to mode 13 and everything works!
> believes this may be an interrupt timing conflict problem in either OSS
> Jeffrey Pawlan, WA6KBL