Re: [linrad] svgalib works only in VESA mode

Roger,

   Thanks for the note.  Yes, I have tried the Horizontal and Vertical
frequency settings and they determine the modes available under
svgalib.   Somehow svgalib is doubling the frequencies out.   If I tell
it 60 Hz vertical is the max and select 1024x768 I get a vertical
refresh rate of 120 Hz.   The horizontal frequecies also are doubled and
I get 96 KHz instead of 48 KHz that I would expect.
    So then I tried using the modelines but can't tell that the pixel
clock setting is doing anything.   So for now I guess I'll have to stay
with the forced VESA settings.  To bad because the video card has a fast
GPU and it isn't being utilized.   Oh well.

Terry  W7AMI