[linrad] Newcomer

I have the following setup :

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Video : Generic NVIDIA Quadro FX

Linux : 32 bits FEDORA Core 3 (the 64 bits version works fine but very
few software can run on it)

Then I tried to install Linrad.

svgalib-1.9.19 compiles ok and generates 5 devices in the /dev folder :
svga, and svga1 to svga5
The /usr/local/lib folder contains the libvga.so.1.9.19 with 2 symbolic
links pointing at it (libvga.so and libvga.so.1)

I have installed nasm-0.98 without any problem.

I have installed linrad-01.31a :
 - ./configure doesn't show any error.
 - make compiles with no error.

After reboot, /dev/svga files are still there.

If I try to start linrad, I get the message :
svgalib: Cannot open /dev/svga
Is svgalib_helper module loaded?

a locate svgalib_helper give the result :
/usr/src/svgalib/svgalib-1.9.19/kernel/svgalib_helper/svgalib_helper.ko

If I try to do an insmod of that file,I get the message : -1 Unknown
symbol in module

So does anybody have an idea of what I may have done wrong ?

Very 73

Patrick F1EBK

LINRADDARNIL