Re: [linrad] Help: Sound under SuSE 9.1

Daniel,

   Never saw a reply to your problem post.   I user amixer to set up the sound
card for linrad.   The command amixer --help gives info on running the program.

   I have linrad running under SuSE linux 9.0 which should be very similiar to
9.1 that you are using. In my set up I have a Delta 44 card installed as the
first (0) sound card and
a PCI Soundblaster card as the second (1) card.   The command amixer contents
will give all the available controls and their current settings.  So the command
amixer -c0 contents will retrieve all the settings for sound card one.   amixer
-c1 contents gets the settings for sound card 2.   I wrote a small file that I
made executable that I run when ever I first start up linux to set all the mixer
values.   I've enclosed it below with the comments in the hope that you will find
it useful to see how I set up my mixer.

Terry W7AMI

insmod svgalib_helper.o        #start svgaliv helper
amixer -c0 cset numid=34 12    #set Delta 44 to 96 KHz sample rate

amixer -c1 cset numid=7   0    #Mono Switch = Off
amixer -c1 cset numid=8   0    #Mono Volume = Zero
amixer -c1 cset numid=1   1    #Master Playback Switch = On
amixer -c1 cset numid=2   20   #Mono Volume = 20 - Linrad Volume
amixer -c1 cset numid=30  0    #3D Control Switch On?
amixer -c1 cset numid=24  1    #PCM Playback Switch - Must be on for Linrad
amixer -c1 cset numid=25 25    #PCM Volume Level - Must be set for Linrad
amixer -c1 cset numid=3   0    #Surround Playback Switch
amixer -c1 cset numid=4   0    #Surround Playback Volume
amixer -c1 cset numid=16  0    #Line Playback Switch
amixer -c1 cset numid=17  0    #Line Playback Volume
amixer -c1 cset numid=18  1    #CD Playback Switch
amixer -c1 cset numid=19 25    #CD Playback Volume
amixer -c1 cset numid=15  0    #Mic Boost
amixer -c1 cset numid=11  0    #Phone Playback Switch Off
amixer -c1 cset numid=12  0    #Phone Playback Volume
amixer -c1 cset numid=20  0    #Video Playback Switch Off
amixer -c1 cset numid=9   0    #PC Speaker Playback Switch Off
amixer -c1 cset numid=10  0    #PC Speaker Playback Volume
amixer -c1 cset numid=22  0    #Aux Playback Switch Off
amixer -c1 cset numid=23  0    #Aux Playback Level
amixer -c1 cset numid=26  1    #Capture Source
amixer -c1 cset numid=38  0    #IEC958 Playback Switch Off - Kills noise
amixer -c1 cset numid=37  0    #External Amplifier Off
amixer -c1 cset numid=36  0    #Sigmatel Surround Phase Inversion Playback

LINRADDARNIL