Re: [linrad] Which distros are free?

I'm a bit suspicious of Redhat myself - I personally see them as the new Microsoft. The fact Redhat are sponsoring Fedora makes me suspicious and good enough reason not to use that distro.

I modestly suggest that you also have a look at Debian.   www.debian.org
A number of hams are Debian developers, and there's even a 'hamradio' section
in the archive.  The 'sarge' version is nearing release and would be a good
place to start.

I like the Debian too, although it's not as easy to set up as Redhat. As you say there is a lot of ham stuff. I'm using Debian on the machine I'm sending this from.

73 - Bdale, KB0G
a former Debian Project Leader, among other things...

--
Dr. David Kirkby PhD CEng MIEE
Senior Research Fellow