Re: [linrad] wich distribution?

DEHAYS Dominique wrote:
> Hi ,
> I have been using the SM5BSZ PCRX dos version for a long time , but now I
> have some time to work on the LINUX LINRAD.
> I have 3 LINUX distributions :
> SuSE LINUX 7.0
> RedHat Linux 7.1
> Caldera Open Linux 2.3
>
> Wich one would be the best to use ( in my idea minimum problems with
> LINRAD). Is it better I look for a mandrake ?
>
> 73's Dom F6DRO

All those are very old distros, I think all use 2.2 kernels.
The current kernel series is 2.6.
Linrad runs OK on Mandrake 10.0 Official release, and other newer
distros which I personally hav'nt tried.
If you want to try MDK10.0 you can download the iso images from

ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Linux/Mandrake/official/iso/10.0/i586/

Its 3 cds.

HTH 73
  Richard G8JVM