[linrad] more info on sound cards

I had heard of this company last year but they were not then releasing their
products. Now they have high-end professional miniature recording devices and
specifically wrote the OPEN-SOURCE drivers for linux!
http://www.core-sound.com/HighResRecorderNews.html#PDAUDIO%20RECORDER

The recording device is digital input and then they sell a high-end A/D
converter that has internally jumper settable sampling rates as high as 192Ks/s
They claim a freq response (maybe modifiable by removing a LPF?) to 40KHz @
0.1dB and 115-135dB dynamic range  look at:
http://www.core-sound.com/Mic2496.html

And here is another professional sound card manufacturer I just found and they
advertise that ALSA open source drivers work with their pcmcia cards. The linux
drivers are on their website. But their various pcmcia cards only have 48Ks/s
and 88-93dB dynamic range.
http://www.digigram.com/drivers/getinfo.htm?prod_key=11500

And according to the ALSA webpage, they support the M-Audio USB products:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-MAudio#matrix

So perhaps this information will help all of us

73,
Jeffrey

LINRADDARNIL