[linrad] RE: Mouse issues

Hello Stan,

> Mouse was erratic, I deleted all of the svgalib-1.4.3 files and the
> mouse responds much better in Linrad.
This seems odd to me. Maybe not if you recompiled the new
version afterwards.

> Mousetest still gives me the     out of scan range      message, any
> suggestions  ?
Never heard of....
Are you sure you selected the correct mouse type in /etc/vga/libvga.config?

> In Linrad, some boxes I can resize or move with the mouse and left
> button. modes A-B-C-D-E-F respond
>  differently to using the mouse to move  boxes or resize  them  . Is
> this normal  ?
No. All modes should behave very similarly. Your parameter choices
will of course lead to some differences and AM or FM is slightly different
from other modes, but it seems to me there is something wrong with the mouse.

> Long term goal is to run 2 monitors from a dual head AGP video card (ATI
> chipset) and to relocate the different boxes on either monitor, as needed.
Ok. More screen space will surely be welcome some day when decoded messages
can be written on screen:-)