From: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Leif Asbrink
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 5:01 AM
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [linrad] VESA; and a question

Hi Joe,

> I discovered that 1.9.17-1 has no include
> file named "vgagl.h".  So, rather than digging into source code I
> deleted all the 1.9.17-1 files and installed the "standard" svgalib
> 1.4.3 package.
Oooh! I do not know if the 1.9.18 has it either. Maybe the
old one from svgalib-1.4.3 is still in place...

> I have noticed that the percentage CPU usage for my simple system (one

> real channel, SSB bandwidth) is typically 15 - 17% with the parameters

> that you suggested to use in your IC-706 examples.  That level of CPU
> usage seemed very high for a 2.7 GHz P4; quite possibly it is also
> because of poor performance by the display hardware.  I am also seeing

> some SPEED ERRORS, SPEED WARNINGS and OVERRUN ERRORS messages.
Could be. It could also be because of the usleep() problem or some other
malfunction of the code. Linrad-01.18 should not have these
problems, it would be interesting to know what happens if you upgrade
Linrad before svgalib.

> It sounds as though I should install svgalib 1.9.18 soon.
>
> Now, here's a really stupid question for anyone on this reflector: How
> does one get from the Linrad operating screen back to the main menu
> screen?
Press F1 for help on the main menu ;-)

There are several keys that can be pressed on operating screen and you
will get a list. (The key for exit is X. Press twice. First time to a
menu, then once more for the main menu)

This email and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Industries, Inc.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT Industries accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
email.