RE: [linrad] VESA; and a question

Hi Joe,

> I discovered that 1.9.17-1 has no include
> file named "vgagl.h".  So, rather than digging into source code I
> deleted all the 1.9.17-1 files and installed the "standard" svgalib
> 1.4.3 package.
Oooh! I do not know if the 1.9.18 has it either. Maybe the
old one from svgalib-1.4.3 is still in place...

> I have noticed that the percentage CPU usage for my simple system (one
> real channel, SSB bandwidth) is typically 15 - 17% with the parameters
> that you suggested to use in your IC-706 examples.  That level of CPU
> usage seemed very high for a 2.7 GHz P4; quite possibly it is also
> because of poor performance by the display hardware.  I am also seeing
> some SPEED ERRORS, SPEED WARNINGS and OVERRUN ERRORS messages.
Could be. It could also be because of the usleep() problem or some
other malfunction of the code. Linrad-01.18 should not have these
problems, it would be interesting to know what happens if you
upgrade Linrad before svgalib.

> It sounds as though I should install svgalib 1.9.18 soon.
>
> Now, here's a really stupid question for anyone on this reflector:
> How does one get from the Linrad operating screen back to the main menu
> screen?
Press F1 for help on the main menu ;-)

There are several keys that can be pressed on operating screen
and you will get a list. (The key for exit is X. Press twice.
First time to a menu, then once more for the main menu)