[linrad] Install SVGALIB Problems

Hello the Net:

Using SUSE 9.0 Pro, as root

Flushed out the hard drive and reloaded all of the SUSe 9.0 Pro software
KDE came up so I went to runlevel 3 in the /etc/inittab file to get the
command line.
did UPDATEDB  and LOCATE vgagl.h and got no response, so nothing to remove.

Went to install svgalib-1.4.3.tgz and proceed to make install without error.
upon make install I got multiple lines saying
does not give a valid preprocessing token
for
HDisplay
HSyncStart
HSyncEnd
HTotal
VDisplay
VSyncStart
VSyncEnd
VTotal

Then:

make [1]:  ***[.depend.src]  Error 1
make [1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/src/svgalib-1.4.3/sharedlib'
make: ***[sharedlib/libvga.so.1.4.3] error 2

Any suggestions on what to do to get svgalib working ?

NASM installed OK. without error.

Stan, WA1ECF

zzzzzz

LINRADDARNIL