Re: [linrad] Progress: SUSE 9 and LINRAD

Hello Leif,

Thanks for the suggestions.
Last night I tried  josh's suggestions but I could not find a line
editor.    pico    and   nano    were not to be found. Neither was   joe
   .

Any suggestions on a editor to use  ?      once I find a editor command
name, I can read up on it (man) and start using it.

I tried to use   ed   but I buried myself in a hole. I need to read more
about ed and its application.

The files   makefile   and    makefile.in    are easily found in the
 /home/linrad-01.15 directory

Stan, WA1ECF   Cape Cod, FN41sr

Leif Asbrink wrote:

>Hello Stan,
>
>>make                                       also lots of activity, then
>>finally
>>
>>make:  *** [vgatest]  error 1
>>
>>any suggestion on what to do next  ?   How do I diagnose this error  ?
>>

>I added mousetest and vgatest from the svgalib package.
>These programs are not needed for Linrad, they are just
>two very simple programs that allow easy testing of the
>mouse and graphics.
>
>The error is probably that some variable in vgatest has a
>variable name that is declared as a global variable in the
>header files of the SUSE 9 pro GCC package. It is not really
>error, but I have chosen to have the compiler running in a
>way that minimizes the risk for me doing stupid mistakes.....
>

>The lines just before the the last line should contain
>information about what variable that causes problems.
>Please send me the information, typically 5 lines, so
>I can change vgatest for the next version of Linrad.
>
>After sending me the information, remove mousetest and
>vgatest from Makefile as Josh, KD7HGL wrote in his posting.
>
>Please note that the old Make file will be restored if you
>run ./configure
>
>To make a permanent change, remove vgatest and mousetest from
>Makefile.in, then run ./configure and finally make.
>

>But first of all, give me the info so Linrad-01.16 will have
>a better chance to work on "all" distributions.
>

>73
>
>Leif  /  SM5BSZ

LINRADDARNIL