From: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Josh Logan
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 12:37 AM
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [linrad] Pointer needed SUSE 9.0 pro

Newer kernels support SATA drives.  Since you have the EIDE drive working
you should look at using a 2.6 kernel or a 2.4 kernel with the libata
patches (ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/) to
support the new drive.

Here is an article from August 29th, 2003 which talkes about how to do it.
http://www.burgettsys.com/stories/59456/

It should be much more supported now.